An air fryer potato chip recipe is one of my go-to recipes when I crave to eat something tasty and crunchy while consuming something healthy. You don’t have to buy fatty, preservative-filled potato chips from the grocery store rather, you can whip up homemade potato chips when you crave them. Let’s learn how to make the crunchiest tastiest and healthiest chips for you to snack on!
How to Cook Potato Chips in an Air Fryer
- Slice your potatoes thinly with a mandolin slicer (recommended!) or a sharp knife.
- Remove excess starch from the potatoes by soaking them in cold water. Leave them in cold water for around 20 minutes.
- Prepare the potato slices by draining the water from them and seasoning them. Remove any excess moisture from the potatoes by using paper towels. Add a little olive oil and sea salt to them and season generously.
- Air fry the potatoes by arranging them in one or two layers in the fryer basket. Cook for 20 minutes at 200°F. Turn the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and toss in the potato chips. And then continue frying for an additional five minutes.
- Put the potato chips into a large bowl after removing them from the air fryer. Wait until they are room temperature, and then enjoy your crunchy and tasty air-fried chips.
Tips for the Best Air-Fried Potato Chips
We’ve rounded up a collection of tips and tricks to help you bake your potato chips to perfection.
- Potatoes should be Yukon Gold. The best potato to use for chips is Yukon Gold. Because of its waxy skin and creamy taste, Yukon Gold chips are the best.
- Slice them as thinly as possible with a mandolin. Using a mandolin slicer, you can ensure that the potato chips are uniform and thin enough to become crispy.
- To determine how long to cook the chips, adjust the thickness. Depending on your chip’s thickness, the total cooking time may differ. And make sure the chips don’t burn when you make this recipe for the first time.
- Before air frying the potatoes, soak them in cold water. To remove excess starch from potato chips, soak them in cold water for a few minutes before air frying. Crispy chips will result.
- Once the chips are lightly browned, remove them from the air fryer. You don’t want your chips to taste burnt if you air fry them to a golden brown. Removing them from the air fryer as soon as they begin to brown is vital.
- Use different seasonings to satisfy your appetite. A sprinkle of salt is great on chips, but a seasoning of your choice can elevate them to a new level. Choose from BBQ seasoning to salt and vinegar for a new taste experience.
Enhance your next movie night experience with some tasty and healthy air-fried chips. . You can also pack these chips for school lunches. or serve them with cheeseburger sliders or a Philly cheesesteak for dinner. For dipping, make a batch of avocado hummus or light ranch dressing.
How come my air fryer chips are soggy?
Soggy air fryer chips can result if you don’t blot the potatoes after draining and soaking them. To make them crispier, air fry them longer.
Is it possible to substitute russets for sweet potatoes?
Although russets can be substituted for sweet potatoes, you will probably need to cook them longer.